Full-time – Bangor, BT19 7QT
Westmond Logistics was founded by Colm West and Melanie West in October 2017.
The Westmond Logistics team believes in creating personal solutions for our clients, removing the immense company problems of long hold times, and a lack of customer support. We wanted our business to represent the unique approach we value, being personal.
Our founders have over 30 years combined experience in all modes of logistics across the UK- Air freight, Sea freightand Road freight.
We are based in Bangor, Northern Ireland and value the local approach whilst being able to offer global rates though our established partnerships.
We value our team and ensure they are provided with the best training and gudiance possible to ensure growth within not just the company but the industry of Logistics & Supply Chains.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Customs Administrator to join the Westmond Logistics team in our Bangor office. Within this role, you will be responsible for preparing, checking, and processing all relevant customs clearances to ensure all shipments meet the applicable laws and procedures to facilitate the timely and cost-effective import of goods.
- Prepare, check and process all relevant import and export customs clearance data, documentation and declarations to ensure all shipments meet applicable laws and procedures to facilitate the timely and cost-effective import and export of goods.
- Chase and complete customs entries clearance documents from customers, prior to cargo arrival or departure.
- Prepare and update quotes to customers, ensuring quotes are saved correctly on the system.
- Provide a high level of customer service, and deal with all queries quickly and efficiently as well as provide advice and guidance on procedures.
- Liaise with internal departments on arranging haulage with shipping lines/hauliers.
- Manage phone calls/answering machine and correspondence (e-mail, letters, packages etc.)
- Assist with all enquiries & bookings including creation of quotes/operations documents etc
- Liaise with the Credit Control department in response to customer account queries and applications.
- Other duties will include invoicing customers, filing, data entry and reporting.
Ideal Experiences / Qualifications / Capabilities:
- Experience or exposure to customs clearance desirable
- Understanding of customs clearance desirable
- Customer service oriented
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Conscientious, with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Team player with a willing and flexible approach to work
- Able to learn quickly and multi-task
- Able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good MS Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel)
The ideal candidate will be one that is passionate not only about the work they do but the brand they work for, takes ownership of what they do.
Are you looking for;
– A competitive salary?
– Additional employee benefits?
– An opportunity to forge a career in logistics?
– The ability to grow and develop with a fast growing company?
– Work in an exciting environment with an excellent team?
Working Hours: Monday – Thursday 9-5.30 and Friday 9-5. Evening & weekend work may be required.
To apply, send your C.V to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our recruit team will be in contact.