Full-time – Bangor, BT19 7QT
Westmond Logistics was founded by Colm West and Melanie West in October 2017.
The Westmond Logistics team believes in creating personal solutions for our clients, removing the immense company problems of long hold times, and a lack of customer support. We wanted our business to represent the unique approach we value, being personal.
Our founders have over 30 years combined experience in all modes of logistics across the UK- Air freight, Sea freightand Road freight.
We are based in Bangor, Northern Ireland and value the local approach whilst being able to offer global rates though our established partnerships.
We value our team and ensure they are provided with the best training and guidance possible to ensure growth within not just the company but the industry of Logistics & Supply Chains.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Freight Forwarder to join the Westmond Logistics team in our Bangor office. We are in search of a dynamic and personable multi-tasker who is driven by their own success, as well as the success of their team and the Company as a whole. If you can deliver a high quality of customer service and teamwork in an exciting and fast-paced position, this may just be the perfect opportunity for you.
The Freight Forwarder coordinates import or export shipments for one or more customer accounts. The Freight Forwarder is the primary point of contact for the customer, internal, and third-party service providers relating to the movement of the customer’s freight. The Freight Forwarder is responsible for ensuring operational excellence, high productivity, and customer satisfaction. You will be responsible for liaising with suppliers, negotiating rates, booking collections/deliveries and producing the relevant freight transportation documents be it via Air, Road or Sea freight.
- Receive, review and process high-volume and/or complex import and export transactions for clients, including booking, billing, classifications, processing data through the Company’s system and obtaining consular releases as well as other government agency releases as appropriate.
- Prepare, check and process all relevant import and export customs clearance data, documentation and declarations to ensure all shipments meet applicable laws and procedures to facilitate the timely and cost-effective import and export of goods.
- Promote positive relationships by ensuring excellent, timely and proactive customer service at all times and in conjunction with other departments and third parties while monitoring the quality of service produced by the team. Establish detailed profiles and procedures that properly represent import and export processes.
- Process bills of lading, AWBs and other relevant transport documentation and provide clear instructions to the team for handling each shipment.
- Ensure shipments of hazardous materials are checked and processed in accordance with all applicable regulations under the applicable government agencies.
- Prepare and update quotes to customers, ensuring quotes are saved correctly on the system.
- Manage phone calls/answering machine and correspondence (e-mail, letters, packages etc.)
- Liaise with the Credit Control department in response to customer account queries and applications.
- Other duties will include invoicing customers, filing, data entry and reporting.
Ideal Experiences / Qualifications / Capabilities:
- Experience or exposure to freight & customs desirable
- Understanding of Logistics and customs clearance desirable
- Customer service oriented
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Conscientious, with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Team player with a willing and flexible approach to work
- Able to learn quickly and multi-task
- Able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good MS Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel)
The ideal candidate will be one that is passionate not only about the work they do but the brand they work for, takes ownership of what they do.
Are you looking for;
– A competitive salary?
– Additional employee benefits?
– An opportunity to forge a career in logistics?
– The ability to grow and develop with a fast growing company?
– Work in an exciting environment with an excellent team?
Do you have?
– Previous freight forwarding experience?
– Experience in a fast-paced office environment?
– Strong computer and communication skills?
– Great attention to detail?
– The ability to work independently and problem-solve?
Working Hours: Monday – Thursday 9-5.30 and Friday 9-5. Evening & weekend work may be required.
To apply, send your C.V to email@example.com and a member of our recruit team will be in contact.